Are you looking forward to assessing, engaging, and hiring top freshers from the University campus this year? Hope you don’t encounter any hiring hurdles on your way!
As we all know the competition for talent acquisition is increasingly growing stiffer every day. Even statistics by LinkedIn suggest that 63% of recruiters find themselves stuck with the talent shortage issue. It is natural that companies eagerly await campus hiring season to onboard new Gen-Z talents.
A Yello study states that 70% of hiring managers intend to source their job posts with Gen-Z candidates from the campus this year. This time, assessing and onboarding the new generation with old hiring practices will be the toughest nut to crack.
Several of your competitor companies must be desperately looking for qualified freshers like you are. So, you must be well-equipped with technology and fast-paced as you dive into the campus placement assessment of young and eligible candidates.
Let’s look into a campus placement checklist before you set off:
- Goals of the campus talent hunt
- Candidate engagement strategy
- An experienced interview panel
- Early marketing of job postings for Awareness
- Availability of tools that can assist you through the process
- Strategies to represent your company’s core values and culture on-campus
These are the primary goals of campus recruitment that one needs to attend to for successful on-campus hiring. Onsite recruitment is nothing less than any other business gathering, where many opportunities are coming towards you.
But, to make the best out of these opportunities, you need to stand out significantly from the crowd, as well as attract the attention of the right candidates. So, keep your cool, and read through this blog for campus recruitment tips and strategies about organizing a fruitful campus hiring plan.
How Do You Plan To Stand Out?
Like any other event planning, we start with the get-up! In a literal sense, it refers to the unique strategy you adopt to attract Gen-Z candidates to your job posts. Basically, this is your preparedness for the upcoming campus hiring season.
As per The Future of Job Reports, 20.8% of hiring managers feel it’s challenging to cope with candidate expectations and demands. Even though this is true, many employers develop various hiring strategies to overcome these challenges. Some of these strategies are mentioned below:
- Establishing a good company reputation
- Expressing your diverse ethnicity and work culture
- Sharing the values and goals of the company with potential candidates
- Presenting to them, the career opportunities that you can provide
- Budgeting and showcasing your organization’s hiring experience
- Providing engaging events that emit the essence of your organization
- Utilizing advanced tools and techniques throughout your hiring process
Recruitment Targets: Identifying And Assessing The Right Candidates?
You don’t go to a party without your glamorous partner. Then, why miss a chance here? The goal of hiring on-site is your partner in this case. A study about hiring managers reveals the Top 5 recruitment goals of the 21st century.
- Growth in quality-of-hire (52%)
- Increase in retention rate (24%)
- Improved time-to-hire (23%)
- Expanded hiring pipeline (22%)
- Ensure diversity hiring (22%)
Fortunately, campus hiring season covers the 4th vital point of hiring goals. And the rest of the pointers can be covered by administering Skills Assessments. How?
Skills Assessments gauge the candidate’s job-specific skills and competencies that make them an unbeatable performer. These assessments also predict the possible years of retention for each candidate profile. They eliminate bias while naturally encouraging diversity. And they definitely reduce the considerable time of hiring and keep track of multiple candidates.
Can You Deliver The Best Candidate Experience?
In campus hiring, only attracting talent isn’t going to help. You also need an engaging hiring method so that they stay with you till the end. Otherwise, as per records, 75% of recruiters have experienced a denial of offer letters from candidates after their selection! One of the most experiential studies claims that 80-90% of candidates are likely to change their minds depending on their recruitment experience.
Some ways of bettering your candidates’ recruitment experience are:
- The short and transparent recruitment process
- Fun, engaging, and visual-based pre-employment tests
- Constant updates on application status
- Quick response to queries
- Structured interviews
- Unbiased and constructive feedback
- Presentation of good work culture, diversity, and inclusivity
How Can PMaps Help You?
PMaps Consultancy is a group of psychologists and IT geeks who come together to develop competency-based pre-employment assessments. Our campus placement assessment addresses most of your concerns, from identifying the job-fit candidate to a culturally adaptable workforce. Our campus intelligence solution is a one-stop shop for all your hiring concerns.
Other Best Pre-employment Tools We Offer:
- Language Tests: These measures your candidates based on context, comprehension, fluency, grammar, pronunciation, and solutions.
- Sales Assessments: These gauge sales-specific aptitude, skills, cognitive abilities, and personality traits that influence on-job performance.
- Customer Service Assessments: These evaluate customer-centredness, interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities, situation-based judgments, aptitude, and attention to detail of your applicants.
- Coding Assessments: This checks if the candidates are well-versed in coding skills, technical aptitude, and programming. It also reports their personal competencies for the specialized job roles.
How Can We Help You in Virtual Campus Recruitment?
- We ensure you are well informed about your candidate’s skill profile, cognitive abilities, and aptitude.
- We eliminated hiring biases by providing you with practical and factual insight into your applicant’s claims.
- We can provide your candidates with visually engaging assessments.
- With voice and accent assessment administration, we ensure your future employees are well-versed in the globally comprehensible English language.
- We can help you screen your candidates remotely and quickly so you don’t miss a chance to pocket top talents against your competitors.
- We enable you to customize a value-based assessment to check your candidates meet your unique employability standards.
- We assure your organization onboards an overall workforce rich in diversity and inclusion.
- Lastly, we ensure the candidate you hire is culturally fit and ethically aligned with your organization.
Campus hiring, otherwise known as campus recruitment, can bring a large number of diligent employees into your organization. It encourages the involvement of Gen-Z candidates to contribute to the industry and learn from it. PMaps’ campus hiring solutions will help you overcome your hiring challenges and help you onboard top talent in minimal time! You can connect with our experts through our website or email to plan your campus hiring strategies today.
Featured Image Credit: Edmond Dantes; Pexels; Thank you!